Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys Assist Clients in Santa Cruz, CA
Reputable law firm pursues full compensation for harm caused by negligence
Located at the northernmost point of Monterey Bay, the city of Santa Cruz has long been a haven for surfers, naturalists and folks seeking to enjoy an alternative lifestyle. But, as the seat of Santa Cruz County and home to a busy University of California campus, Santa Cruz is hardly a secluded retreat, nor is the city cut off from everyday problems, such as accidental injuries. If you are hurt in a car crash or any other type of accident due to negligence, the law firm of Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna is prepared to help. For more than 35 years, we have helped residents of Santa Cruz and visitors to recover full compensation for their losses. We understand the stress of dealing with a legal action on top of your medical issues. We provide personalized counsel to put your mind at ease and aggressive litigation to deliver the desired results.
A strong track record of success managing personal injury cases
Accidental injuries happen in an instant: a car crash on Highway 1 or a slip and fall at a shop on the boardwalk. From that point forward, you need to focus on your health, so how can you even think about contacting an attorney? Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the weaker your case becomes, as witnesses’ memories fade and physical evidence is lost. But, when you contact our firm, you can speak right away to an experienced lawyer who understands your type of case and your type of injury. You can be confident in our ability to handle your action because of our track record of success in a wide array of personal injury cases, including:
- Auto accidents — We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists and bicyclists injured in motor vehicle crashes. Your case may seem simple and straightforward, but wait until the defendant’s insurance company gets involved. Delays, lowball settlement offers and cross-claims of negligence against you are just some of the tactics you can expect. Lawyers for the insurance company have one goal: to drive down the cost of your claim. To get the true value of your case, you need a professional on your side with the singular focus of maximizing your recovery.
- Slip and fall accidents — A pleasant day’s outing can become an ongoing nightmare after a sudden slip and fall on public or private property. Proving that a landowner was negligent is often a complex process, because a judge or jury has to consider so many competing facts, but an experienced slip and fall attorney can build a persuasive case that gets positive results.
- Workplace injuries — Our law firm represents injured workers who are denied access to workers’ compensation benefits. We also investigate the circumstances of workplace accidents to determine whether a negligence lawsuit against a third party is possible.
- Products liability injuries — Defective consumer products injure tens of thousands of people each year, but even seriously injured consumers have little leverage against a large corporation. If, for example, a defective auto part caused you to crash, our firm has the resources to challenge a large automaker in court and hold the company fully accountable.
- Elder abuse and neglect — When a nursing facility or at-home caregiver exposes your elderly loved one to harm, the situation cries out for justice. We take decisive steps to end the abuse and recover the compensation your loved one deserves.
Regardless of what caused your injury, you can rely on our attorneys for personalized assistance during a difficult time and throughout the legal process.
Damages available in your Santa Cruz personal injury case
Personal injury law is designed to “make the victim whole again” as if the accident had never happened. But since it’s impossible to undo your injury, the law requires the person whose wrongdoing caused the harm to pay you compensation for your losses. These are the major categories of personal injury damages:
- Economic losses — These damages include medical bills, lost income now and in the future, future medical expenses and other costs related to your injury.
- Noneconomic losses — These are real but intangible losses, such as your physical pain, mental suffering, loss of quality of life, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of consortium.
To obtain any damage award, you must prove that the defendant is legally responsible for your injuries. But to get a fair settlement or verdict, you must also justify the amount of damages you are seeking. This is an area where an experienced attorney can help you overcome the many tactics insurance company lawyers use to get you to settle for as little as possible. Our attorneys have the experience, knowledge and skill to aggressively pursue the full recovery you deserve.
Contact our reputable law firm for personal injury assistance in Santa Cruz
Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna provides compassionate counsel and determined representation for personal injury cases in the city and county of Santa Cruz. We charge no upfront legal fees, and you only pay us when you collect damages through a settlement or court verdict. Call us at 831-443-1051 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation. Se habla español.