With Northern California offices in Salinas, Monterey Bay, Watsonville, and Santa Cruz, the law firm of Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna provides helpful resources for injured workers and personal injury victims. For further information or to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case, contact Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna.
California Legal Resources
- State of California Official Website
- California Courts Information
- California Supreme Court
- California Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Court Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- California Laws
- California Code of Regulations
- State Bar of California
Workers’ Compensation Resources
- The California Division of Workers’ Compensation oversees workers’ compensation claims and provides administrative and judicial services to assist in resolving disputes that arise in connection with claims for workers’ compensation benefits.
- The California Division of Workers’ Compensation – Medical Unit performs a variety of services related to delivery of medical benefits in the workers’ compensation system
- The California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board reviews petitions for reconsideration of decisions by workers’ compensation administrative law judges.
- The Cal Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) protects workers and the public from safety hazards through its inspection program.
- The California Applicants’ Attorneys Association is an association of California attorneys that are committed to advocating on behalf of injured workers.
- Voters Injured at Work is a non-profit political organization dedicated to bringing fairness and balance to California’s workers’ compensation system.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities (IIF) program provides annual information on the rate and number of work related injuries and illnesses.
Disability Insurance Resources
- The U.S. Social Security Administration publishes an informational booklet for the public regarding Social Security Disability Benefits.
- The Social Security Disability Insurance program provides benefits to disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources.
- California Disability Insurance provides partial wage replacement to eligible workers who are unable to work because of a disability or non-work related injury.
Personal Injury Resources
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages California’s highway and freeway lanes with the goal of providing the safest transportation system possible for both users and workers.
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles administers vehicle registration and drivers licenses and is responsible for maintaining driving records including accidents and convictions.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration focuses on preventing motor vehicle-related injuries by administering the highway safety and consumer programs established under several highway safety acts.
- The National Safety Council focuses on preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads, through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is a federal agency in charge of protecting human health and the environment. They also handle reports of environmental violations and toxic spills.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration focuses on protecting the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and tobacco products.