Established Personal Injury Attorneys Serve Clients in Monterey, CA
Trustworthy legal assistance for injured residents and visitors
Monterey is world-renowned as a small city that combines scenic beauty, rich history and diverse culture. People come from all over to take the 17-Mile Drive, play golf on our fabulous courses, explore marine life at the aquarium, and stroll down Cannery Row in the footsteps of Nobel Laureate John Steinbeck. But even in such a paradise, accidents can happen. So, if you are injured due to someone’s negligence, a car crash, or a slip and fall, you need a capable attorney whom you can trust. For more than 35 years, Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna has helped Monterey residents and visitors recover full, fair compensation for injuries. We provide compassionate counsel and determined representation focused on delivering optimal results.
Experience with a wide array of personal injury accidents
When choosing an attorney to manage your injury case, a key factor in your decision should be the attorney’s track record with cases similar to yours. Our firm has built a strong reputation for success in a variety of injury cases, including:
- Auto accidents — Car crashes are a common source of injury in the Monterey area, especially along Routes 1 and 68 and I-101. We represent injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists and bicyclists. Even when your accident seems cut and dried, your case can be more complex than you anticipate when, for example, another driver accuses you of negligence, an eyewitness gets the sequence of events wrong or an insurance company refuses to be reasonable. We have the knowledge and experience to overcome these obstacles and reach a successful result.
- Slip and fall accidents — A sudden slip and fall on public or private property can leave you with painful and disabling injuries. But proving that a landowner was negligent can be a complicated process, since you must prove that the landonwer was unreasonable under the totality of the circumstances. Slip and fall cases are an area where an attorney’s experience is vitally important.
- Workplace injuries — We help injured workers overcome denials of their workers’ compensation claims and explore the possibility for a negligence lawsuit to hold a third party fully accountable.
- Defective product injuries — Faulty consumer products injure tens of thousands of people every year, but it’s difficult for those injured consumers to hold a large corporation accountable. If, for example, a defective auto part caused you to crash, are you prepared to take an automaker to court? We are ready, and we are determined to fight to win.
- Elder abuse and neglect — An elderly loved one in a nursing facility or in care at home has a right to expect the highest standard of care. When a facility or other caregiver exposes your loved one to harm, we intercede, ending the abuse and recovering the compensation your loved one deserves.
Whatever the cause of your injury, our attorneys provide the personalized assistance you need during a difficult time and the aggressive litigation service necessary to deliver optimal results.
Damages available for personal injury cases in Monterey
Personal injury law is meant to restore the victim to the condition enjoyed before the injury event. Since no one can turn back the clock on your injury, the remedy is to pay sufficient cash to compensate you for your losses. Damages fall into these main categories:
- Economic losses — Medical bills, lost income now and in the future, future medical costs and other expenses related to the injury
- Noneconomic losses — Real but intangible losses that can include physical pain, mental suffering, loss of quality of life, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of consortium
Most personal injury cases not only require a victim to prove the defendant’s liability but also to negotiate with an insurance company for a fair settlement. Insurance lawyers are highly motivated to limit your recovery to as little as possible. Fortunately, we have the experience, knowledge and skill to deal with insurance company tactics and press for the full recovery you deserve.
Contact our reputable law firm for personal injury assistance in Monterey
Rucka, O’Boyle, Lombardo & McKenna provides compassionate counsel and determined representation for personal injury cases in the Monterey area. We charge no upfront legal fees, and you only pay us when you collect damages through a settlement or court verdict. Call us at 831-443-1051 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation. Se habla español.